Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jesus Take the Wheel

So..the song that's been stuck in my head lately (happens to us all!!) is Jesus Take the Wheel.

It's the story about a girl on the road to visit her parents on Christmas Eve, she's been running low on faith and had a long, hard year(yeah, it's a country song). Her car skids on some black ice and both her lives flash before her eyes, she then throws her hands in the air and cries out:

Jesus take the wheel, take it from my hands,cause I can't make it on my own, I'm letting go,

so give me one more chance, save me from this road I'm on, Jesus take the wheel..

I think it's one of those songs we can all relate to at one time or another in our life. And the hard part is to let go and let God take control of the wheel. When we do take a detour and try to fix things on our own we will mess it up big time.

When walking the dog one day, I came across some signs posted throughout the neighborhood for a missing dog, the signs read:

Lost dog
ate my shoes, the kids toys, peed on the couch, and dug up the yard.
Still want him back!

In a somewhat similar fashion, God is the same as that family,
no matter what awful things we have done, God still loves us and will welcome us back with open arms. Now that's what I call grace!


When we do feel like moving ahead of God as if He doesn't know what He's doing, or think He's moving way too slow, we need to remind ourselves that God's plan is a perfect plan all the way to completion.











No comments:

Post a Comment