Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another Pet Say So!






The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; (Ps.138:8)



This morning Francis the dog woke up to a harrowing experience. Or should I say, I did.The dog was curled up all night beside my bed. As soon as my alarm went off at 5 a.m., naturally he woke up as well. When he stood up on all fours he plopped right back down. He had trouble standing. He literally crawled on all fours to me. He was persistent in trying to stand, so when he did, I noticed it was one of his hind legs that was giving him the trouble,as he plopped back down again. I naturally kind of freaked out at first, and began thinking the worst. I even had a flashback to last week when I met a 3 legged dog on my usual after work run. I ended up carrying the dog into the living room. It kind of came to me that maybe his foot fell asleep or he pulled something in his leg. So I tried getting him to try to walk it off. So...yes..here I am, talking to the dog at 5 am, "Come on boy, try to walk it off."

It didn't work. So I layed him on the couch. He laid down like he was perfectly normal, like he was maybe playing one of those attention games. So, I went ahead and got ready for work.

Before leaving we tried it again, no luck. I left a note for my brother and his wife to check on him . On my ride to work I prayed for him. I usually pray anyways, but first time for a dog!

A couple hours later I called the house to see how he was doing. They said he was walking with a limp, but was able to go outside to do his business. So just 2 hours after praying, he went from crawling to limping. When I got home after work, sure enough, there he was, the same old Francis: walking, running, jumping, ready for his walk through the neighborhood.

Doesn't matter who it is, or what it is, God cares about every little detail of our lives. Even our pets!



No comments:

Post a Comment