Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth


A couple of weeks ago I got my niece some really cool, rocking gym shoes for her 7th birthday.


Her first words after saying "thank you" were: "I don't know how to tie my shoes yet." What would these kids do without velcro!! A few days later she came up to me and asked for a book on how to tie shoes .(she knows I work at a place with books, Intervarsity Press, but somehow I don't think we have anything in the spiritual category of how to tie your shoes) Her reasoning for wanting a book was: once she did learn, she could look back at the book whenever she forgets how to tie her shoes. (cute kid!)

Sounds like us in some ways doesn't it? We go through something and we start thinking too much and we forget what God's Word says and we need to go back to the Bible to remind ourselves. That happened to me last Wednesday night at church as I had one of those destined to be there moments. It only took the first five minutes of my Pastor's teaching to know God had something to say to me right there and then. I felt as small as a mustard seed. I am so thankful God does things like that to remind me that I need to read His Word daily, lest I forget His promises. The Bible is our great how-to-book. Our instruction manual for life.






2 comments:

  1. nice, It's really great to read a bible on a day to day basis right? i had a bible diary once too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's funny how God does things to remind us to get back into His word.when he does this it just means we are in a right relationship with Him.

    ReplyDelete