Monday, June 22, 2009

For the Love of the Game, For the Love of God's Word

Everyone in the world that knows me knows my love for football. We're talking training camp, games, the draft, the fan convention, the whole 9 yards.

Yesterday was Fathers Day, as I'm sitting in the living room in shorts and sandals, we are all watching the tv. Showing on theNFL Network is a rerun of the Bears game from last December, which was the first game I ever took my dad to. And, it was the third COLDEST game ever played there. The temp. was a balmy 10 below zero. Oh, and the game was played at night. Just watching it on television made the room feel like it was 10 below. As we're watching the television set, all through the replay all I could think about was HOW COLD I WAS during that game. To make matters worst, the game went into overtime,but my dad and I toughed it out. I am so glad the Bears won. If they hadn't, us and about 65,000 others would have been more than upset. To sit out there in the frigid cold air and to come away with a loss, nope, wasn't gonna happen.There might've been blood shed!!



So..what makes us sit out there in frigid temps to watch a game that you can sit in the comfort and warmth of your own home to watch? You have to really love the game. Which I most definitely do! The only sport that I am passionate and enamored with.







In men's Bible Study yesterday the conversation came up about people who read the Word of God, know many scriptures, yet still struggle with faith. We all came to the basic conclusion, it is more than just knowing the Word of God, you have to love the Word of God. You have to love the Word so much that you want to apply it to your life.



It is just like my love for football. I love it so much that I am willing to apply it into my life by sitting out there no matter how cold it is.



When it comes to the Word of God, heart knowledge is just as important as head knowledge. In fact it actually supercedes head knowledge.



But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work (word), this one will be blessed in what he does. (James 1:25)




If you love the Word of God, apply it to your life, apply it to your circumstances, and you will be blessed.









No comments:

Post a Comment