Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Psalm 139, A New Song


It's 5:10 am. It's dark outside. Just outside my window is a cardinal who starts to sing. He does this each and every morning, even when it's raining. In other words: he loves to sing,period.



I will sing a new song cause You love me,
I will sing a new song cause You care,
I will sing a new song cause Your there

Psalm 139- by Mercy Me

After hearing this song I couldn't help but grab my Bible when I could and actually look up Psalm 139 to see what it says. It's a great Psalm of encouragement to get us back into trusting God because He loves us and knows us intimately:

God knows our thoughts.
He is acquainted with our ways.
He knows our life altogether, from beginning to end.
We cannot flee from His presence.
He knew us in our mother's womb.
He saw our substance, being yet unformed.
And He fashioned each of our days before us.

The final 2 verses of Psalm 139 reflects on what we need to humbly come before Him and ask:

Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Try me, and know my anxieties;

 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Just like the birds who choose to sing a new song each and every morning whether it's nice outside or raining; we need to do the same.
Once we can get it into our sometimes "thick heads" that God loves us, cares for us, knows what we are going through and is always there for us, singing a new song every morning shouldn't be so hard.

It's just a matter of choice and trust.












No comments:

Post a Comment