Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lesson Learned




It's 8:10 am on a Saturday, the day after an evening rain. The sun is out, not a cloud in the sky, not a breeze in sight, and it's already a sticky 83 degrees as the heat begins to increase with each passing moment. I am on my usual Saturday morning workout, hoping to squeeze in my 6- mile run before it really gets hot.

I've hydrated myself with water and Gatorade for two days, but nevertheless the hot humid air was getting to me. But 4 separate times within my run a breeze came by and the trees shook a refreshing rain upon me. Each time I found myself stopping in the midst of my run and stood there with my arms raised out as the rainwater fell gracefully upon me. It was not only breathtaking, but refreshing and it was totally unexpected.

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they?"  (Mathew 6 :25,26)

It's ironic that this passage of scripture came to me when I was being refreshed when I needed it and didn't ask for it. Because the last two weeks of extreme heat we were facing and with no rain, I took it upon myself to leave a dish of water out for the birds, both at home and at work.(lots of trees and birds in both places) And those water dishes needed refilling everyday as I noticed the birds taking great delight in drinking and bathing in the cool, refreshing water.
 For myself being a nature buff and a nature photographer, this is the first time I could ever remember doing this during a heatwave drought. Perhaps it was because I seem to be more intuned with the God lately, and more intune to His creation like never before.

It is good to be synchronized with God and not have to worry about things, for the Lord knows what we have need of and He always provides.









No comments:

Post a Comment