Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Like This!



1. After being born to a teenage mother who was encouraged to have an abortion, worship leader Israel Houghton is evidence that God has a plan for all of our lives.

Some of Israel's songs you may sing in church include: Lord You are Good, I am a Friend of God, and I Will Search For You. After hearing his newest single Your Presence is Heaven to Me and reading about his mother choosing to give life, has just added extra meaning and gratification to hearing him sing about the joy of being in the presence of God.

2. With half of the country in a severe drought the Christian music station K-Love requested listeners from all over the country to pray at a specific time for rain. They did this for a few days last week. Then each day listeners called back to say they did actually receive rain. Here in Chicago and several other states we got some much needed storms over a 2 day period.

Staying on the subject of prayer and answered prayer:

One day a couple of weeks ago, during my prayer time I had a sudden urge to pray for my friend Paul from church who had been battling an illness for almost a year now.  Three hours later I got a call from his brother to say he was recovering well from quadruple bypass surgery. I did not know that he was having any heart surgery, let alone at the very exact time I was praying for him.
He is at home recovering nicely now.

God has a plan for each of our lives and prayer does work, we just need to make the right choices and choose to stay connected to God at all times, and not get distracted with the things of this world.

Because Your loving kindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. (at all times) Psalm 63:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment