Monday, September 21, 2009

A Say So of my Own

Of all the blog posts on testimonies that I've done so far, never actually did one on myself.
So, here's the first:

I have been sick for the past week with a bad cold, I even took a couple of sick days from work, which for me is not normal. On Thursday as I was driving home from work a small piece of a throat lozenge that I had eventually chewed became stuck in my throat. So here I am in the left lane of bumper to bumper traffic, freaking out at what to do. Before starting my trek home I had filled my tank with gas and did an uncommon thing, at least for me, buy something to drink for the ride home. So, while my face is turning red in panic, I asked, well, pretty much pleaded with God for his help. He reminded me to take a drink of the juice I just so uncommonly purchased. I took a swig, no, still lodged in there. Took another swig, nothing, then another, and another. Then...Yes! It became dislodged and went down to my stomach. Whew!!!

One of the things I love about God is we can call on Him in an instant and He is always there for us:

I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. (Psalm116:1,2)

No comments:

Post a Comment