Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God of Wonders


It's amazing what you can design through the great creation of God.

Those of you who know me well, know my love for nature: animals, flowers, trees, ocean, waterfalls, sunrises and sunsets, mountains, stars and planets. Need I say more??

On my last few runs on the trails after work, I have come across a woman walking her 3 legged dog. He lost one of his front legs in an accident. Nevertheless, he has adapted well I might say. And I somewhat marvel at his genuine happiness amidst his handicap: his joy of being petted by walkers and joggers ,and I' ve caught him on more than one occassion stopping to sniff the wildflowers along the trail.

I have also come across on those same trails an elderly woman on an electric cart walking her dog. Or should I say driving her dog? My guess is she has chosen to enjoy God's creation no matter what she has to do in order to do it.

I think one of the best ways to connect to the majesty of God is through nature. The greek word for majesty is megaleiotes, which means: grandeur, glory, magnificence, splendor, superbness, greatness.

One of my favorite verses of scripture is 1Peter 1:8:

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an expressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

When we view the creation of God, we not only see the handiwork of God, but we are filling ourselves with an expressible and glorious joy of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment