Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Unconditional Love

The following excerpt is from a daily devotional that I've been reading, called"40 Days To Your Best Life For Men" :


A respectful, sensitive young boy turns into a rebellious teenager and breaks his parents' hearts. In the middle of the night, he comes home drunk and passes out across his bed. His mother slips out of her own bed and minutes later her husband goes to the kitchen expecting to find her crying alone. Instead he discovers her at the boy's bedside stroking his matted hair. "What are you doing?" her husband asks. She replies,"He won't let me love him when he's awake."


This is a great example of unconditional love.


I am so thankful for that unconditional love during a season in my younger years when I wasn't living the way I should've been. I was brought up in a Christian home, knew right from wrong, but for awhile there I fell asleep to Jesus and was awake to the world and what it had to offer. And even though I slipped away from God for a season, I was still in His grasp and He still loved me. This is grace. This is God's unconditional love for us. A love that has no boundaries.


But God demonstrates His own love for us in this:

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ( Rom. 5:8)






No comments:

Post a Comment