Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hitting That High Note






This past Saturday both my parents and my aunt and uncle celebrated their 50th wedding anninversaries. A huge milestone you will rarely see within todays society. I think it speaks volumes of the word faithfulness.


I have been blessed to grow up in a close family and to learn from both my parents and my grandparents how to apply that word faithfulness into every area of my life:
1. faithful to God and to my church
2. faithful to my job
3. faithful in my relationships
4. faithful to my family
5. even faithful to my football teams (sticking with them even during the losing seasons)


In an episode of the very old skit comedy show The Honeymooners, Ralph finds his old coronet and still struggles with hitting the high note. While reminiscing, Ralph discovers that he could never hit that high note (succeed) in anything he tried. The coronet inspires him as he decides to be a success. Ralph receives some good advice from a successful business man on taking stock of his qualities. So, Ralph makes a list of both his strong points and his weak points. And if you're familiar with Ralph Kramden, then you guessed it, his bad points far outweigh his strong points. Ralph makes a conscientious effort to correct his bad points and takes a civil service test for a large job opening with the city. Though he succeeds in ridding himself of the bad points, he fails the test. His wife Alice still encourages him with, "You can't always win on the first try, you have to keep trying until you succeed." This being just another way of saying, "Be faithful to the task."

Our great Heavenly Father is the greatest example of faithfulness:

Oh Lord, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise Your Name,
for in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago. (Isaiah 25:1)


Even when we may not always be at our best, God remains faithful and is perfect in His plans for our lives. So for us to hit that high note in life and to succeed in everything we do, all we need to be is faithful.

Just faithful.








































No comments:

Post a Comment