Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rapture, No Rapture? Who Cares?


I always find it humorous when social media flies off the handle with the argument of rapture or no rapture.
I also find it very disheartening, because every Christian that argues one way or the other, the one thing they all agree upon is the Second Coming of Christ. Well, then...duhh, isn't there something more important we should be doing as Christians like, say, follow Jesus' command to spread the Good News in love to those who are lost?

With Christians all over the world being persecuted and executed lately, and America divided and in disarray, now is not the time to be debating theology. When we fall into the trap of the enemy who wants us divided, we lose our flavor as the salt of the earth that God intended for us to be.

  “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. (Mathew 5:13)

Jesus explains to His disciples a greater purpose, not just for Himself, but for all of us who believe:

 17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. 19 So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. (Mathew 5:17-19)

In order for us to fulfill all that Jesus asks of us, we need to say no to the enemy and his tactics, put away our theological differences, and follow Jesus' lead. When Jesus fed the 5,000 not once did he ask of any of them: What race are you? What do you believe? Are you saved? He simply fed them.

I believe actress Jane Wyman said it best,

"The opportunity for brotherhood presents itself every time you meet a human being."

For all my faithful readers in other countries I apologize for those of us in America who choose to debate and argue when we should be helping, loving, and praying for others. I hope someday soon we can get this right. But, there is only one way that is ever going to happen:

  If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (1 Chronicles 7:14)

If you live in an area with no access to a Bible, click on www.biblegateway.com for more of God's encouraging Word.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment