Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Doesn't Hurt....Not One Bit


"We are who we choose to be." - Green Goblin

It's not often you find a smart quote from a villain, let alone from one that had the audacity to kill Spider-Man's girlfriend Gwen Stacy. I have no love what-so-ever for this archenemy of my favorite Superhero, but I do love his choice of words here.

Yes, we all carry that freedom here in America of choosing who we want to be as a person, who we want to be when we grow up, and who and what we want to believe in. I've been teaching a lot about faith at church in recent weeks and the importance of carrying that faith into our everyday life and the situations that may befall us.
Faith and hope are a choice; a choice each of us have. It's unfortunate though that some of us don't act upon that hope and faith.

Helen Keller once said,
 "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."  

When we choose to live by faith in all things we are simply saying with confidence, "Lord, I trust you."

 After my most recent post on the rapture, I had a conversation with my Pastor on this subject and, as always, his words of wisdom rang true,

"There is no downside to believing in the rapture."

And the more I thought about it, I agree with him. If someone believes in the Second Coming of Christ, whether it includes the rapture or not, instead of chiding or ridiculing that person, we should be rejoicing with them that they know and follow the One True Saviour.

There is nothing wrong with having hope, faith, and optimism when it comes to Christ and His return.

  Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory. (1Peter 1:21)

If you live in an area with no access to a Bible, click on www.biblegateway.com for more of God's encouraging Word.










No comments:

Post a Comment