Tuesday, July 23, 2013

True Grace


After one of the more difficult challenging weeks for myself, I write this post to not only help others, but also to remind myself of God's grace.. All of us are fallible into making mistakes or bad judgements whether we are a believer or a non-believer. I have made some bone-headed mistakes, even just recently,which brought me to a better understanding of the importance and power of God's grace.

It also brought me to the realization that those of us who are in spiritual leadership roles are even more prone to the fiery darts and wicked ways of the enemy. But we need to remember that darkness has no victory over light.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.    (1John 1:7)

In light of my own past mistakes I could have just sat and waited for the wrath of God to come down upon me in some unique way, but God is not like that. We are living in the age of the New Covenant rather than the Old Covenant. The moral aspect of the Law (old covenant) still stands as the standard of morality for mankind because it is reflective of God's character and does not change. But the Law(old covenant) has been fulfilled in Christ. (Mathew 5:17)

Jesus came so that we may have life, eternal life. He bore our sins and died on the cross. This is love. This is grace. This is what we need to remind ourselves daily.

True grace is not just knowing God's grace, but by acting upon it.

So, how do those of us who are believers act upon God's grace when it is given to us freely?

 It is humbly coming before Him and admitting the mistake we may have just made and by asking for forgiveness.

“God resists the proud,But gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

As for myself, I enter into His presence with thanksgiving and praise, all while reaching out to Him for forgiveness because I know, live and breathe His grace:

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2Cor. 12:9)

I love the wrting of the Apostle Paul throughout the New Testament. Paul's emphasis was always about moving forward

When new hearts are given to Christ, they are always immediately told(or should be told) that they are new creatures in Christ and the past is left behind:

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(2Cor. 5:17)

Although we have left our past behind, there will be days like I said earlier, when we are prone to make a mistake. But don't live each day in fear by asking yourself, "Did I do something wrong today?"

Remind yourself that your future is full of promise; for as we submit to His Spirit, He will change us daily and help us see and be all that God desires us to be.

2Corinthians 4:16-17-

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,

If you are faced with a challenge  this week reach out to God, His grace is a perfect grace.

If you live in an area with no access to a Bible, checkout www.biblegateway.com for more of God's encouraging Word.







No comments:

Post a Comment