Friday, July 12, 2013

A Road by Any Other Name

What do all these names have in common?

Tank Destroyer

Pansy Court

Psycho Path

Which Way

That Way

Lois Lane

These are all the actual names of streets here in the United States. The first one, Tank Destroyer Blvd. is a street on a military base in Texas.

When I heard this odd collection of street names over the radio one day it brought to memory that of  my grandfather, who was a great preacher and the biggest influence in my life, aside from JC of course. One of my grandfather's favorite hymns was The Old Rugged Cross, so I thought it was poignant that when he passed away, the name of the road he was buried at within the cemetary grounds was aptly named Old Rugged Cross Trail.

I wonder if the streets paved with gold up in heaven will have names, and if so, I wonder which street I will be living on up there.
Perhaps my street will be called It is Well With My Soul boulevard.

How about you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment