Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Can You Say,"Wow" Three Times?


Wow #1:  Hockey player Josh Harding of the Minnesota Wild was thrown into the spotlight for becoming the starting goalie for the playoffs. What is so significant about this? Harding is playing while battling MS. I like his no holds barred atttitude of not letting his illness hinder his joy of playing a sport he loves.

Wow #2: Worship leader Tim Timmons has a hit single on his hands called Starts With Me. A song written on behalf of a young Pastor asking a wise old Pastor for help to start a revival in his church. The wise old Pastor just drew a circle on the chalkboard with a stick figure in the middle with the word me. These lyrics provide the answer to how a revival can start for any of us who follow Christ:

You're my revival song, you start where I belong
On my knees, on my knees
When I am weak or strong you meet me here
When I'm on my knees, on my knees
Oh, it starts with me.


A simple message, revival starts on our knees. If worship leader Tim Timmons, who by the way is battling cancer, can travel the country leading folks into worship, and reminding them that anyone can start a revival just by spending time on their knees; than I think any of us can go out there and make an extreme impact no matter what may be hindering us.

Wow#3:  Carman, a Christian singer for years and known mostly for his theatrical stage shows and videos, is battling cancer and has been given only a very short time to live. His attitude, a simple one:

"The best way I can go on the offensive against the forces of darkness is to... make more music. That is my slingshot to slay the giant. God is once again giving me new songs, new melodies, new messages, new ideas and a renewed passion to tour."

What these 3 wows have in common is they chose to live on the offensive. Don't let anything stop you from your dreams, your goals, your worship time with God, and ministering to others.

Do not walk through time without leaving worthy evidence of your passage.



No comments:

Post a Comment