Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The I's Don't Have It


What do IPad, IPod, IPhone, ITouch, ITunes and IPass have in common? Well, duh, not too hard to figure out now, is it? Psss....it's the letter I. Yes, we are living in a me- first generation, where we need to possess every technological gadget there is to keep up with our friends. Now, don't get me wrong, having some of these gadgets are okay as long as we don't let them consume us and take us away from what's important. (I included the IPass, only because it is a gadget, but a much needed one if you live in Illinois)
  I find it  interesting that each of these gadgets begin with the letter I, as in another form of me, because that is what they do, they distract us from others as we concentrate on ourselves.

Walk in any store and you will no doubt find at least 3 people either texting or talking on their phone while shopping. And I don't mean talking, but carrying on an actual conversation with someone. This distracts us from human contact. What I mean by this is we lose sight of those in need who may be around us. This is very important to those of us who are Christians. How can we be the salt and light of this world and reach others who are in need or give someone an encouraging word if we ourselves are distracted with one of our I gadgets?

I love the lyrics to Toby Mac's new hit song Steal my Show:

No matter who we are, no matter what we do
Every day we can choose to say ...

If You wanna steal my show, I'll sit back and watch You go
If You got somethin' to say, go on and take it away
Need You to steal my show, can't wait to watch You go
So take it away


The message that Toby Mac is delivering here is simple and fits in with today's culture; a culture that thrives on the me aspect of life.
We all want to be in control of our life, and it is my own belief that this is what the I- gadgets do, they give us control. But this song suggests that we give up control of our own life and let God come in, steal our show and let Him obviously do a better job than what we can do with our life.

When we let God have control of every area of our life we can sit and watch amazing things happen. But we need to be willing to give up those reigns, and say, "God I trust you with my life. Your way is perfect. I trust You."

God desires that we dwell in and esteem His presence, because doing so distinguishes us from everyone else.

In God's presence is fullness of joy, peace, grace, strength, and mercy. Nothing and no one can offer you that. God is always there when you need Him.

Wanting to be in God's presence should be our hearts desire everyday.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Mathew 6:33)

In the past year I have probably blogged about us desiring to enter into God's presence numerous times. Why? Because it has worked for me, and if there is something that is working for me that is strengthening me and giving me great joy, I am going to pass it along to others.

One of the new posters I've been selling alot of lately through my Inspiration Through Creation line, carries a simple message:

Turn your worry into worship
and everything will work out fine.

When we begin to make a conscious effort to worship God more with our praise, not because of what we need but for what He has already done for us, our worries and concerns are amazingly turned into great joys and blessings.

If you live in an area with no access to a Bible, checkout www.biblegateway.com for more of God's encouraging Word.












No comments:

Post a Comment