Tuesday, May 21, 2013

All Roads Lead To...


It was after midnight in a small town in Florida; the cab drove up and down the dim lit street searching for the old lady's home to no avail. The woman continued to badger the driver that this was the neighborhood she lived in, she just couldn't find the street she lived on for years. All of the familiar sights around her neighborhood were there except the street she lived on.
After about  half-an-hour of franticly searching, the cab driver suggests the old woman call one of her relatives or friends, as the driver pulled off into a gas station so she could use a payphone.

The elderly woman, who had been out-of-state for a month, chose to call one of her neighbors. Her neighbor explained to her that while she was gone the village had replaced the name of her street with a new name. The reason behind the name change was that for years there was a street with the same name on the other side of town, which caused confusion obviously.

This was one of many stories told to me by an elderly woman I used to pickup and drive to church with me on Sunday mornings.
An odd story that I usually don't reflect on too often, until most recently, as one of my favorite songs right now is called
Help Me Find It, by The Sidewalk Prophets. A song that deals with putting our trust in God as we faithfully choose to follow His direction for our life:

If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

I've heard it said numerous times in my life that all roads are paved with good intentions. And the struggles and trials we go through are for a greater purpose in building up one's faith and trust in the Lord. It is just a matter of us choosing to make the right choice and trusting God in His direction and believing what He has promised us:

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God." Romans 8:28

The secret to success is sticking with God's purpose and plan for your life. There may be some bumpy roads along the way, but if you are on the right path you will not get lost.

"The strength of man consists in finding the way in which God is going and going in that way too."- Henry Ward Beecher

If you live in an area with no access to a Bible, click on www.biblegateway.com for more of God's encouraging Word.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment