Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Love my Coat

"I love that coat!" my co-worker exclaimed as we watched a dog-walker walk by our office window.

"Oh, my gosh! Wow! I love Golden Retrievers and that is a gorgeous coat on him."
I replied.

"I was talking about the woman,Dave!"

That's what so great about each individual,we carry our own perception and creative viewpoint on just about everything,including God.

One of my favorite books is simply titled Son!,written by
John Sheasby. Within this book Sheasby reminds us that:

"We have been predestined to be the sons and daughters of our loving Father. And our service to Him is not the basis of our acceptance nor the purpose for our redemption. It is the fruit of a relationship of intimacy with our Father."

Sometimes those of us who follow Christ forget we our sons and daughters of Christ; and many times think of ourselves and act like we are slaves. What has happened is we have disconnected ourselves from God within our relationship with Him. We may be okay with Him and everything is right with the world on Sunday, but when Monday comes we stray back to our former selves and therefore lack the trust we may have had in God on Sunday.

The national Christian music radio station K-Love started the new year with a 31 Day Challenge to listeners. To listen to nothing but Christian music and worship music for the whole month in hopes of listeners seeing a change in their relationship with God and with others.

For a couple of years now I've been in the habit of listening to worship music on my way to work, so when I get to work and throughout my day I find myself connected to God. The work day is less stressful, peaceful and I let absolutely no one take that joy away from me. It's kind of like wearing a new coat everyday.

And as a result of staying connected to Christ I've seen blessing after blessing in every area of my life the last few months. I know,and feel,and live like I am a son of the Most High.

Max Lucado reminds us:

"If we want to see an overflow of God's favor, we have to learn to pray bold prayers and ask Him to fulfill our highest hopes and dreams."

I believe that's what any son or daughter of the Most High would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment