Monday, August 24, 2009

God Is

In the last few weeks I"ve noticed many of the new songs played on radio worship.net containing a common theme, reminding us of who God is:

1. He is the first and the last, the one that matters the most
2. A mighty fortress is our God
3. Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Amighty,
who was, and is, and is to come
4. He is, He was, He always will be
5. He's the Lord of all the earth,
Creator of all things,
He alone is the one true God
6. You are my refuge and strength,
You are my hiding place,
You hear my voice when I call,
before even I say anything at all
7. Majesty, forever I am changed by Your love

In our ever changing world it is good to be reminded that our God never changes. He is our ever present help in the time of need, and loves to intercede on our behalf:

But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.

Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. (Heb.7:24,25)

In the Book of Romans Paul asks the question,
"For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness
of God without effect?"

The Apostle Paul's answer,
"Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar."

The greek word for true is alethes, which means the opposite of false, concealed, and human inconsistency. In reality, the word true means God is faithful to His promises.

No matter how much the world changes, our country changes, our individual lives change, the one constant that never changes is God's love.

God You reign, forever and ever, God You reign.






2 comments:

  1. God-centered songs--don't you love them? The attributes of God are so rich, I could spend much more time dwelling on them and less time thinking about myself; amen?

    The point about God being true is such a foundational encouragement! Thanks for this post, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! this is what keeps me out of the flesh..listening to music that gets me thinking about Him!

    ReplyDelete