Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Positive Reinforcement



"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein

Let's face it, it's a new year and we all want to start the year off right by improving ourselves in one area or another. So... let the insanity begin! 

Over the holiday season I've been relentless in my pursuit of God, kind of reinforcing myself and preparing myself for 2015. Courtesy of T.D. Jakes, here are some positive reinforcement tactics I've found helpful to start this new year off right:

Your problems serve a purpose
Remind yourself, "Why would God take the time to mold you, if He didn't have a purpose for your life."

No circumstance can terminate a good seed
Everything you've gone through had to happen to mold you into who God wants you to be.

 Don't look at your history, look at your destiny
 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.(2 Cor. 5:17)

 You are destiny's Child
  I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. (Psalm 130:5)

Jesus took my history and I took His destiny
When you accept Christ in your heart, your slate is wiped clean from your past. God never brings up your past, so why should you.

You can't take in new blessings with an old mind 
  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2)

If anything, I remind myself daily of these powerful reinforcement tools so that I may reach that goal of wanting to be all that God wants me to be. And, believe me, I have to do this everyday until my mind is renewed. This year my goal is to pump you up..and myself, so that we can be all that Christ wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment