Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Perception is Everything


"Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you." - Jon Bon Jovi

I never thought I would see the day when I would be using a Bon Jovi quote on my blog; now that is a miracle in itself!

Perception is everything and perception can be misleading; even when it comes to sports, and in this case, the NFL Football Playoffs this past weekend: two games with controversial plays where perception played an important role.

In one game the New England Patriots tried some trickery on offense against their arch rival the Baltimore Ravens. The Patriots declared two receivers ineligible on offense while keeping them in to block for the quarterback so they could confuse the defense. The Ravens perceived this trickery as illegal, but the referees declared it was within the rules of the game.

In another game the Dallas Cowboys had a 4th down and were trailing their counterpart the Packers by 5 points with 4 minutes left in the game. The Cowboys decided to go for it and the quarterback threw a deep pass to which the receiver caught the ball for a first down close to the end zone. The perception when first seeing the play was that it was a catch. The referees watched the replay to where it showed that he did not complete the process of catching the ball according to the rules.

Yes, perception can be misleading.

Helen Keller once said,  

 "Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."

As we continue in this new year and still desiring to make changes or improvements, one thing to consider:

How we perceive ourselves is more important than what others see in us.

If we are going to enter this new year with a positive impact on ourselves, we need to change how we see ourselves. Here are some daily confessions for you to consider to get yourself into renewing your mind to what God says about you:

I am born again of the Spirit. (John 3:6,7)

I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live. ((Galatians 2:20)

I am a new creation; the old has passed away. (2Corinthians 5:17)

I am dead and my life is hidden with God in Christ. (Colossians 3:3)

I am a new person created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4:24)

I live and move and have my being in Christ. (Acts 17:28)

I am crucified to the world and I have overcome the world. (Galatians 6:14)

To start the year off with a new you, it all starts with you.

 



  
 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment