Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It is What You Make Of It



“If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or watching TV, or going to the movies, or talking to friends, rather than just sitting alone with God and embracing Him, sharing His cares and His burdens, weeping and rejoicing with Him, then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence...? You'd be bored to tears in heaven, if you're not ecstatic about God now! ” - Keith Green

Probably one of my favorite quotes, but I'd have to admit it took me quite awhile to get to that point of desiring God, let alone understanding it. In recent months my time of worship throughout each day has intensified, and while that has happened, so has my success in everything I do, that is only done to bring glory to Him.

But, our worship isn't about us succeeding, it's about recognizing the One who has given us that breath each day to worship Him.

"It is in the process of being worshipped that God communicates His presence to men."
- C.S. Lewis

I take great delight in being in His presence each day, it satisfies my soul. It brings me peace.
If you could find some time each day to worship Him, He will speak to you in various ways. He will respond to what you want to hear.

"Without worship, we go about miserable."
- A. W. Tozer

Yes, worship not only brings us joy, it gives God great joy in seeing us praise Him in song.


The most valuable thing the Psalms do for me is to express the same delight in
God which made David dance."

- C.S. Lewis

Another part of worship is reading and reflecting on God's Word. Renewing our mind with God's Word each day is what keeps us intune with Him and drives away the enemy.

Our goal as believers:

I live and move and have my being in Christ. (Acts 17:28)

If your searching for some joy within your walk, it's starts with worship. Praise is a wonderous thing when it's done on a consistent basis. It can change your outlook on life!

If you live in an area with no access to a Bible, click on www.biblegateway.com for more of God's encouraging Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment