Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dr. Seuss was Smart!


I learned there are troubles
Of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead
And some from behind.

But I've bought a big bat
I'm all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going
T o have trouble with me!


This is just one of the many quirky tales of wisdom from the beloved Dr. Seuss. I like the way he challenges children with words that will build them up to face adversity.

It's a troublesome world.
All the people who are in it
are troubled with troubles
almost every minute.

Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more....
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!

The words you speak can be powerful, but that's just it, you need to speak them.
Words can build you up or they can bring you down. In my last post I mentioned about speaking God's Word over your situation or difficulty. God's Word reminds us that His Words are sharper than any two-edged sword, and we are to renew our mind with the Word of Christ.

If we crawl into a hole when a crisis arises and spit out the "Whoa is me" that just opens the door for the enemy to come steal your joy, and he will pick on you until you are blue in the face and want to pack it all in and live inside that hole.

But take heart my friend, for God is still faithful:
  If we have no faith, He will still be faithful for He cannot go against what He is. (2Timothy 2:13)
                                                  
When we remind ourselves who we are in Christ by speaking God's Word, and remind ourselves that the greater One lives within me, then all things are possible.

If you don't have access to a Bible to read more of God's Word, click on the link on my home page to
biblegateway.com.

For more witty wisdom from Dr. Seuss, checkout his book Seuss-isms.



No comments:

Post a Comment