Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hollywood Blvd.


What do Judge Judy, Godzilla, Britney Spears, and Charlie Sheen all have in common?

They each have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. And I am not talking about some obscure spot in an unpopulated area of the walkway,such as near a tattoo parlor, but right in the the most populated area of the famous Kodak Theater. Judge Judy,really? As if Hollywood couldn't stoop any lower than it already has with the likes of Charlie Sheen and Spears.

Hollywood has changed so much over the years: from the films it puts out (a lack in creativity as they insist on doing remakes),to the whole Hollywood scene and the actors and actresses choices of lifestyle.

I, for one, continue to watch old movies, and anyone who has NetFlix can attest to how many great classics there have been made over the years.

Have you ever found yourself getting all pumped and built up by advertisement on a certain adventure,movie, or product, and then come away disappointed? That's what happened to me when I saw Hollywood Blvd. and the Walk of Fame for the first time. At least now I can say I saw it; but to be honest with you, I was thoroughly disappointed.

Viewing the stars on the Walk of Fame was pretty cool, but the granite tiles surrounding them were all broken up and badly in need of repair. Possibly from all the skateboarders zooming by!

The main part of Hollywood Blvd consisted of:

1.Tattoo and body piercing parlors and souvenir shops

2.People dressed in costume hoping you'd want your picture taken with them; for a price of course.

3.Tour guides every ten feet, bombarding you with a shout and a hand in the face with a brochure for their "tour of the stars homes".

4.People handing out their music on CD,and again it was every ten feet you were bombarded. It took me awhile to figure it out, but they were hoping you,the tourist, would be a big time music producer. In other words, they were hoping to catch lightening in a bottle. If I were a big time music producer, why would I go on a vacation and tour the Hollywood Walk of Fame when I could be out on a yacht somewhere exotic?

Hollywood Blvd. was full of a lot of lost and crazy people. And for all the glitter and craziness that Hollywood represents, a white cross sitting on a hillside below the famous mountaintop Hollywood sign caught my eye. That was my favorite viewing of
Hollywood Blvd. I am glad the Cross will always be the center of my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment