Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Paper Shredder Moment

I never thought shredding documents (financial,old business documents,tax forms) from the past could be so enlightening. This past Saturday I spent an hour(thought it would take much longer)literally shredding away my past. I had gone through junk I was holding onto that I should have gotten rid of long ago. One thing you should know is: I am not a pack rat and do not hold onto "everything",only important documents.

As I made my way through the box I began to realize that I had been through a lot and God was faithful through the hard times. I know where I've been,I know what God has brought me out of, and therefore I can now exclaim just as my Pastor always does,

"I don't have bad days!"

Once it is tattooed on your brain and in your heart of remembering what God has brought you through,you become consistent in your worship and gratitude toward Him.

Letting go of your past and looking forward is exactly what God wants you to do. It's like that old hymn that tells us:

the world behind me

the cross before me

no turning back, no turning back



Within Jesus ministry He told His followers: not to worry, look at nature and see how I take care of them, and He promised that those who seek God and put His kingdom first will have their needs met. Therefore, do not worry.

I believe that when we follow the seek ye first the kingdom of God pattern of life, He not only meets our needs, but over exceeds them to where He fulfills our desires, dreams, and goals.

If you find yourself in need of a soul transplant,find some old documents to shred and bring some of that old past you've been holding onto as well.

Life is for living,let go, and let God take care of it.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this paper shredder moment I like it so much, try to make a post more and I'm willing to read over and over again.

    ReplyDelete