Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Coincidence or Preparation?

When I first heard this story it didn't really floor me as much as after hearing it a second time through a recent radio interview, and then it became "real":

The Christian rock/alternative band Sanctus Real came out with their 5th album in March 2010 called Pieces of a Real Heart. All of the songs written by the band, and most notably by the lead singer Matt Hammitt, are all about the heart, songs like: Lead Me, Dear Heart, Keep My Heart Alive, and I'll Show You How to Live. And each song deals with the condition of the heart and how to gain strength through God.

Six months later Matt's wife would give birth to a baby boy named Bowen, who would then be diagnosed with a congenital heart defect and eventually have heart surgery.
Today Bowen is doing well and Sanctus Real has started a foundation called Whole Hearts Foundation to help families affected by congenital heart defects.

All of the songs written on this album were before Matt and his wife knew they were having a baby.

I don't believe in coincidences, especially in a story such as this one. The words to many of the songs that Matt wrote about had a profound affect on his family during their struggle as they gained strength through drawing closer to God.

In the song Lead Me, Matt asks God,

So Father, give me the strength
to be everything I'm called to be

Oh Father, show me the way
to lead them
.

I guess this is more proof that God really knows what He is doing in each of our lives.
Now if we could just get out of the way and let God lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment