Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Story Inside The Song


Within Tenth Avenue North's song Hold My Heart is a story we can all relate to. The lead singer and a friend were both going through some hard times and within their struggles they found themselves asking something we all may have asked at one time or another:

How long must I pray
Must I pray to You?
How long must I wait
Must I wait for You?



I do not know anyone who hasn't grappled with that question on occasion. It is only natural for each of us to have at one time or another an impatience with God.
And sometimes we may not get an answer within our time frame but we need to remember God has perfect timing and His plan is a perfect plan. But even though we know this we will still become impatient with His plan for our life. In fact lets face it: waiting stinks! But God asks us to,

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart; wait I say on the Lord
! (Psalm 27:14)

And so as we grapple with these questions to God seeking for an answer,here is the great reminder this song delivers to us:

So many questions without answers
But Your promises remain.
I can't see but I'll take my chances
To hear You call my name


Yes, God's promises for our lives still remain even though we may not get the answers to some of our questions. There are actually over 800 promises in His Word that we can count on for our daily lives. One of those promises is:

Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry;
but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing
. (Psalm 34:10)

I like my chances with God. No, I actually LOVE my chances with God.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment