Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yes!!

In the past 2 weeks the initials CBA,which stand for Collective Bargaining Agreement, has been in the news. One concerning the upcoming football season and the other for the union issues in Wisconsin. But this past Friday morning I got to participate in another far more important CBA,one I'd like to call a Collective Believing Agreement .

As I was driving in my car to work Friday morning at the usual and sometimes dreaded 5:30 am, I had already heard of the devastating news in Japan. As I searched through the radio channels for more info I reached a station called K-Love (Christian music station)where they were speaking to someone from Hawaii and you could hear the tsunami warning sirens blaring in the background. This tsunami was traveling at the speed of 500 mph(as fast as a jetliner) and was due to hit the islands of Hawaii at around 7 am.

As the DJ's asked for people to pray, a handful of folks from about 8 different states suddenly began to email,twitter or Facebook the station saying they would oblige. I decided to join in on the prayer chain and prayed while I was working in the office at 6am.

The tsunami hit the first Hawaiian island at 7:10 am and preceded to the other islands. So what happened? The waves that hit the first island only reached about 7 feet tall, much less than what was anticipated and far lesser than the over 30 foot waves that hit Japan. The waves hit the other islands at around three feet. When I had heard that Hawaii dodged a huge bullet with minimal damage, all I could think about was all those who stood together in faith and prayed.
A Collective Believing Agreement succeeded.

For where two or more are gathered in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
(Mathew 18:20)


And for the country of Japan may we all,

Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;
(Colossians 4:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment