Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hope Springs Eternal



The waterfall was non-existent. No crashing sound of rushing water. No gurgling sound of the creek as it once rolled through the rocks and pebbled shore.

This was what I came across as I began my usual after work run the other day. Part of the creek below the dam was kind of dried up. I used to be able to hear the crashing of the waves, but this day it was silent. It made the surrounding area feel empty, deserted; kind of dead I guess you would call it. When this usually happens it means the area has been in a drought.

Once I started my run on the beginning of the trail I only made it about a quarter of a mile when all of a sudden I was stopped. A very visibly pregnant woman and her young daughter, who had been walking the trail, had stopped me so I could enjoy the same view that they were being captivated with. A fawn was nestled within some thicket eating shrubs.

So, what was once a dead feeling in the area, had now sprung up hope.
Life in the form of a new born animal appeared.

And so here I was, standing and watching this great scene with a woman who was also about to bring new life into the world herself. Finally, a sense of hope and peace had taken the place of the empty dryness that filled the air.

When you think about it, sometimes each of us kind of find ourselves in a dead, dried up situation within our daily lives. Or our soul is dry and needing a touch of life. We know that life is not perfect, there will always be ups and downs, but there's also hope within those valleys of darkness. A hope and peace that only comes from God. The Lord says that, "He who comes to Me will thirst no more". What an awesome promise that is!

If you're feeling tired,lost,impatient in waiting for God to do something,or your soul is feeling dried up; all you need to do is rest in Him.

Colossians 1:27-

Christ in you brings hope of all the great things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment