Monday, June 7, 2010

Standing in God's Sandals

Did you ever wonder what it would be like to be in God's sandals for a day? Or how about even for just a few minutes?

One of my facebook friends is the site titled Don't give up on God because He never gave up on you:). On some days they will post two or three statements, questions, or scripture verses. Friday's posting posed the question "What miracles would you like to happen in your life?" At last count there had been over 1,200 comments, a.k.a. prayer requests. I decided to spend about ten minutes scrolling through some of these requests and here's what I found:

1. People asking for jobs or better paying jobs

2. Many women asking for a godly husband; some from both genders asking for a meaningful Christian relationship

3. One asked for healing of her husband's nasty moods

4. Another asked that her son return safely from military duty in Afghanistan

5. Some asked for a better working vehicle or a new one

6. Many requests in the financial category

7. Many requests for healing of a variety of cancers

8. One person asked to have good luck everyday (good luck on that one dude!)

9. Students asking for help to finish school

10. Good health for family and to see loved ones saved

11. World peace, the economy, and the resolvement of the oil spill

12. Peace within my heart

13. Forgiveness

While reading some of these I kind of felt like God for a moment (without the power of course!) scrolling through hundreds of prayer requests from all over the world. After a few moments of tearful silence to let all of this sink in, I glanced at another comment, probably from a person that must've felt the same way I did after reading some of these requests and seeing people who had a more desperate need from God than what I needed:
"Any way You bless me Lord, I'll be satisfied!"

My favorite request and one I stand in agreement with:
"That the Lord will answer everyones comments on this page!"
Amen to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment