Thursday, June 17, 2010

On Top of a Rock





















Stop for a minute and think about what you see in both of these pictures. Isn't it interesting they both chose a rock to either stand or rest on? The mallard duck is on a rock near the bank of a creek where other ducks are swimming around searching for food. From the few moments I perceived his actions, it looked as if he just decided to just "chill on top of a rock".

As for the wolf, (pic taken at the zoo) it looks like he just chose the highest elevation possible to take a mid afternoon nap. I never got the chance to see him wake up, rise up, and manuever himself off of that ledge "fearlessly" without falling. But I am pretty sure he made it.

So here we have the mallard duck on a rock standing in contentment and a wolf resting in peace high atop a rock. And my guess is you know where I am heading with this!
After David leveled the mighty giant Goliath, David exclaimed to God these words for delivering him from all of his enemies and from the hand of Saul:
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust"; (2Sam.22:2,3)

To be content and at peace, no matter what situation your life may be in, means you have chosen to stand or rest on the solid rock of Jesus Christ.


Who would've thought standing and resting on a rock would be a comfortable place to be at.















No comments:

Post a Comment