Monday, July 27, 2009

Believe and Confess

Those that know me as a huge football fan, also know my allegiance to not only my home team Chicago Bears, but also to the Dallas Cowboys. So it kind of struck a chord with me back in May when the Cowboys practice facility had collapsed during a storm, injuring many coaches and players. The severest was a scout for the team, Rich Behm, a 33 year old with a wife and 2 kids. He suffered a spinal chord injury that partially paralyzed him. I remember a week after the accident his wife attended a fund raiser dinner for him, where she boldly claimed,


"My husband will walk again!"





Just last week Rich went back to work, in a wheelchair, but getting physically stronger each day with rehab. Rich emphatically claimed,





"I'm still going to walk again. It's no big deal. That's my goal and I'm sticking to it!"





I admire their faith in the midst of their circumstance, to be able to stand and boldly claim in faith that he will walk again.





In the Bible the word believe occurs over 250 times. The words confess and declare show up altogether over 500 times, in one form or another.





A wise preacher once taught me to pray the answer, not the problem whenever situations would arise. In other words, he was telling me the same thing scripture tells us:


to believe in your heart and confess with your mouth. In fact, the Lord rejoices when we speak by faith:





My son, if your heart is wise,


My heart will rejoice- indeed I myself;


Yes, my inmost being will rejoice


When your lips speak right things. (Proverbs 23:15,16)





Sometimes we believers forget that we have His Word in our hearts and in our mouths:


But what does it say? "The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):

(Rom.10:8)


We're just forgetting to put that Word into action, applying it to our circumstance. When we apply the Word of God into our situation what we are doing is renewing our mind with His Word.



Do you remember when you first got saved,what did you do?



that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.



For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.



For the scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be be put to shame." (Rom.10:9-11)



Faith, such a simple thing, yet we struggle with it big time. All we need to really do is renew our minds with His Word, His love. Believe and confess.

































No comments:

Post a Comment