Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Safe Place

On Palm Sunday weekend I participated in my church's Easter production called The Easter Song (give a listen at lifeinchicago.org), I playing one of the disciples. The musical was so powerful, that a Friday evening rehearsal impacted a local newspaper reporter who just "happened" to stumble in for a glance. He was on his knees crying at the end!

I for one, have been dramatically moved all week to where I am relentlessly wanting to spend time alone embracing Him and worshipping Him. I have found some great Keith Green worship songs on YouTube (one good thing about the internet, reaching people with the gospel), so I have spent some evening time all week alone with God. Keith Green once said that:

"If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or talking to friends,rather than just sitting alone with God, embracing Him, sharing His cares and His burdens, weeping and rejoicing with Him, then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence..? You'd be bored to tears in heaven, if you're not ecstatic about God now!"

Within the four walls and windows of our courtyard at church is a nesting duck. She comes back every spring to that same location. Why? Because it is a safe place.

In the presence of God is where we should want to be, it is our safe place from the worldly distractions we face everyday. All we need to do is find the time and the desire.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord,
"He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."
(Ps.91:1,2)



No comments:

Post a Comment