Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Cart Full of Joy



"Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy
 and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you."
 
 
As I pulled into the grocery store parking lot the other day I saw a woman pushing and riding her shopping cart across the lot to her car. An overflowing abundance of joy lit up her face on this beautiful autumn afternoon.
 
Once I got out of my car I approached her, knowing she was done emptying her groceries into her trunk, and asked if I could save her a trip in returning the cart. Of course she obliged and I commented about watching her joyfully riding her shopping cart across the lot. Her face turned red as she simply replied,
 
"I just got off work and it's such a beautiful day outside. I cannot resist being happy!"
 
Happiness and joy are contagious. Your expression of joy is a reflection of who you are. Do what makes you happy. Your happiness can never amount to nothing.
 
One of the greatest joys for me as I routinely take walks at the zoo is just seeing the smiles on other peoples faces as they oooh and ahhh at the animals. Happiness is a contagious disease we should all long for.
 
 
 
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever: it's loveliness increases;
 it will never pass into nothingness." poet John Keats
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment