Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Eyes of a Child... Priceless


"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory of our children."
- Charles Swindoll


One of my favorite things to do as this Christmas season fast approaches is participate in various Christmas Art Shows selling my photos. And oh, the joy of seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child is what brings me joy! 
One of the reasons why I love doing art shows at Christmas time is seeing the little kids eyes light up when they see one of my unique animal portraits. Whether it's a giraffe bent over drinking from a stream, or a lion looking to the sky with a growl and his paws crossed as if he were praying, you can't help but smile at a little child's reaction. 

This past weekend at my first art show to kick off this jubilant holiday season, it was a 6 year-old girl and her love for dolphins that wisked me away in joy.



As she oooh'd and ahh'd at the photo, the child tried valiantly in coaxing her mother into buying the photo for her. The mother gave her the old, "Let's look around first and see what else is for sell than we'll come back."
Obviously her mom's subtle way of saying,"No".

Needless to say, a little while later the woman came back to my booth by herself. She explained to me that her daughter's birthday coincided with Christmas and she wanted to get her something special, so she purchased the photo so she could surprise her daughter on Christmas Day. Of all the money I took in on this day, that was priceless. You cannot put a price tag on a mother's love for her child.

One of the unique features of  my photos is a Bible verse inscripted below them. On this particular photograph, the little girl will not only enjoy a great dolphin photo, but will be reminded:

And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; and it shall rejoice in His salvation. Psalm 35:9

You can checkout all my photography at: www.davesphotoshop.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment