Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Feel the Rain


"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet." - Bob Marley

This is one of my my favorite quotes from reggae artist Bob Marley, because it speaks volumes to myself on how to approach those storms of life that may come our way. We can take those obstacles that we go through and get angry or we can look at them as just another growth opportunity. You can't have a testimony if you haven't had a test. The best person to help someone battling an addiction is by someone who actually went through that same addiction and beat it.

I think in a subtle approach what Marley was driving at with this quote was that some people will look out the window and crow,"Dang, it's raining outside!", instead of going outside and dance within the raindrops and appreciate the rain.

Have you ever had something planned, and I mean strategically plannned, and then see it go awry for some reason or another?

This happened to me just last week and and it took me a couple of days to drive the anger of those failed plans out of me. What did I do to get from mad back to my constant state of joy? Only one word: worship.

One of the greatest lessons I learned from my grandfather and the great wisdom he carried as a Pastor:
If you find yourself in a difficulty or circumstance you need to drive yourself back into the presence of God through worship.

After two days of worship I naturally would open my Bible straight to a passage on the value of diligence.

 Ecclesiastes 11:3-6 -

When clouds are heavy, the rains come down.
Whether a tree falls north or south, it stays where it falls.

4 Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant.
If they watch every cloud, they never harvest.

5 Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb,[a] so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things.

6 Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don’t know if profit will come from one activity or another—or maybe both.

The word diligence means to give a steady effort; and here Solomon is teaching us how to stay diligent and just do what is laid out before us and not to worry, God's plan is a perfect plan, even when we think our strategic plan is a fail-proof plan.

Sometimes we need these small reminders in life, and they may be small reminders, but they are the one's that can sustain us so we can enjoy the rain.

For more of God's encouraging Word and you find yourself with no access to a Bible in your area, click on:
www.biblegateway.com













 

No comments:

Post a Comment