Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Like This!


Your sitting in the waiting room at the dentist office, staring at the fish tank that is supposed to deter you away from the fear of sitting in the dentist chair. The sound of drilling fills the air along with the occasional groan, grunt or, "Ouch!"
It is very rare that you get a feel good story from the dentist, unless you come away with no cavities, than it's an emphatic,"Yes!"
But here's a great story:

While at the dentist the other day, the same dentist I've had for 5 years now, I learned that my dentist does not charge Priests for their dental work if they have no dental insurance. And even if they do have some sort of insurance, whatever that insurance does not cover, my dentist still doesn't charge them.

 My dentist is also a great humanitarian, he and a group of dentists go to Haiti each year and provide free dental service to the people there. On one occasion my dentist said he pulled 800 teeth in one week there.

Five years ago I had a cracked tooth which led me to this dentist which is close to my job. I barely got in there because he was not accepting new patients. He is a popular dentist and I can see why. When you go there for your dental checkup your immediate impression is that everyone working there enjoys being together; kind of like family. And they express that love towards their patients making sure that they are not in any pain no matter what the procedure. They go leaps and bounds in making sure you are pain free and comfortable on your visit.

I love the fact that my dentist recognizes and doesn't take for granted the amount of success and business he draws. He understands and is grateful for his success and in return goes out to perform humanitarian acts with his skills.

Yes, I love my dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment