Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Songs in the Key of Love



If I sing but don't have love
I waste my breath with every song
I bring an empty voice
A hollow noise

If I give to a needy soul
but don't have love, then who is poor
It seems all the poverty is found in me

King and Country- The Proof of Your Love

Lately I've discovered  many new songs with such strong lyrics to get us back into the simple act of love toward others, something definitely needed in this lost decaying society we call America. Those of us who are believers in Christ know that this is the time to step up to the plate with not only our faith, but expressing the love to others that God asks of us.

Am I proof
That You are who You say You are
That grace can really change a heart
Do I live like Your love is true

People pass
And even if they don't know my name
Is there evidence that I've been changed
When they see me, do they see You

Sidewalk Prophets- Live Like That

That's a good question to ask of ourselves: Are we living like God wants us to live? Expressing His love through our words and actions? Do people see Christ in you?

I can't believe what she said...
I can't believe what he did
Don't they know it's wrong?
Don't they know it's wrong?
Maybe there's something missing?
But how could they treat me like this?
It's wearing out my heart
The way they disregard

This is love
This is hate
We all have a choice to make

Oh Father, won't you forgive them
They don't know what they've been doing
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like I am the one losing.

Tenth Avenue North - Losing

God doesn't want us to feel like we are the one's losing. Don't give up hope. Be encouraged. Stand strong. Stay the course. Continue to give grace.

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world
At the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Break our hearts for what breaks Yours.

Casting Crowns - Jesus, Friend of Sinners

Let us put away our pointing fingers and exhibit the compassion, love and grace that God asks of us.

It's always good to have new songs within earshot of our busy lives; songs to inspire and remind us of who we should be.

It is also good to be reminded of the importance of worshiping and singing praises to our Heavenly Father not just on Sunday, but every day He gives us new breath.

"The first fight in the Bible was about a worship offering (Gen.4), and to this day, people bicker and disagree about what is genuine worship. No matter how we present our worship, only God knows the true intent of our pursuit of Him. And it is in the authentic pursuit of Him that we find excellence in worship." - Darlene Zschech

May each of us find a new song to sing everyday!








No comments:

Post a Comment