Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Tale of Two Songs

On my ride to work the other morning I began searching through the pre-sets on my car radio, like I usually would do on a Saturday morning. One stop was the country channel which brought me this little ditty:

I work sun-up to sun down

ain't to proud to be sweeping the floors

Bank has started calling

and the wolves are at my door

Four dollars and change at the pump

cost of livin's high and going up.



Thank God I only caught the end of this "whoa is me" song.

The next pre-set on my radio brought me this:



Your picking up toys on the living room floor for the 15th time

Matching up socks, sweeping up Cheerios that got away

You put a baby on your hip, color your lips and head out the door

Wonder sometimes, does it matter at all?




Maybe your that guy with the suit and tie

Maybe your shirt says your name

You may be hooking up mergers, cooking up burgers

But at the end of the day

Little stuff,big stuff, in between stuff

God sees it all the same.



The chorus to this Steven Curtis Chapman song and the reason why we should live by these words and not the latter "whoa is me" song, is simply this:


Whatever you do it all matters

so do what you do

don't ever forget

to do everything you do to the glory

of the One who made you.


Cause He made you

to do every little thing you do

to bring a smile to His face

and tell the story of His grace.



It is important to remember that what you fill your mind with through your sight and hearing has an adverse effect on how you live and respond to life and it's struggles. We need to remind ourselves that,

"...God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind." (2Tim. 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment