Monday, February 22, 2010

Pop!!!!



As I was driving in my car after work Friday headed to the zoo for my weekly walk, and with the radio blaring, I suddenly heard a thunderous POP!!

In the morning I woke up to an up and coming head cold of sorts and one of my ears was plugged up. This was before I took a shower so I knew it wasnt water in my ear. But nevertheless, I tried a few times to unclog it with my finger as you naturally would do when you have water in your ear. After awhile and once I got to work I just gave up on it. As a little bit of fear started to settle in, I just said,"Forget it! I have an extremely busy work day ahead of me and I dont have time to mess with this. God, I need you to take care of this!"

Throughout the day I saw no improvement whatsoever. My busy day ended up going pretty smooth however, and was able to get out and enjoy some of the nice, unusual weather we had.
That loud popping sound on my drive from work was my ear unplugging.

Now you may be wondering why there's a picture of a polar bear on this post. One of the reasons why I like going to the zoo in the winter is there's not too many people around so it's quiet and you get a different reaction from the animals. They like to see humans from time to time. Probably thinking of us as food possibly!
Well, my hearing improved so much that, with no one around, I was able to hear the grumbling, squishing, burping sound of this bear's stomach as he was waiting to be fed. Very loud stomach he has!

On this same day my brother found himself trying to catch an escaped Gecko in his house. Via his daughter, the lengthy green bugger apparently had squeezed itself under a crack and crawled inside the wall. My brother cut a small hole in the wall but couldn't find it. He stopped, said a little prayer, and there was the gecko, standing right beside him.

And just like the Geico commercials, I guess us believers in Christ can sing:

"I always feel like somebody's (God) watching me!"

It is only natural for us to freak out when something unusual and unexpected happens. But instead of having fear, our natural reaction for a believer should be to just give it to God. Our voice has the capability of changing the mindset of our thoughts dramatically. So the words we speak carry with them either a positive or a negative effect on our situation. When we turn it over to God our reaction of fear turns into an action of faith. And what may seem as impossible turns into possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment