Tuesday, July 22, 2014

More Than Just a Dog



"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
- Robert Louis Stevenson

A dog is seen exuberantly hugging, barking, and licking the face of his master, the soldier, returning home from war.

A very sad dog is seen lying at the foot of the casket of his master, a soldier, who unfortunately didn't make it home safe.

You leave home with suitcase in hand, the dog looks at you with those sad puppy dog eyes as if to say,
"Don't leave me!"

You arrive home from  vacation and your dog jumps excitedly upon you, barking and wagging his tail at 50 mph as he licks every ounce of your face. He's happy your home.

Let's be real, all you have to do is come home from work and your dog is all over you.

A couple of years ago we stumbled upon a dog beach in Southern California. I counted over 15 different species of dogs running, frolicking in the ocean, and playing together. They even had a water fountain specially made for dogs.




Just like us humans, dogs are happy when their thirst is quenched at the taste of water.

After a couple days of dog sitting for my sister recently,  plus having owned my own dog, I've come to the realization that: dogs have emotions just like humans. They may not have a soul, but they were created to touch your soul, therefore I believe they will be in heaven. Sure, you may want to argue with me on this one, but neither of us will know until we reach that destination.

I look forward to seeing my dog again one day. It will be a most joyous occasion for us both, I'm sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment